Serlby Park Academy has two qualified careers staff working in school:
Helen Green – Guidance Professional
Jenny Jones – Guidance Support Worker
They provide confidential and impartial advice to students on:
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas – Helen can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Choosing and apply for a course – college or university.
- Completing application forms, CVs and letters of application.
- Finding work or an apprenticeship.
- Job hunting techniques including mock interviews
During term time they are in school on the following days:
Helen – Tuesdays
Jenny – Wednesdays
You can call into the Careers Room at break or lunchtime for a chat or to make an appointment.
During the holidays you can contact them by email or by telephone (call or text).
|Helenemail@example.com||0794 427 0163|
|Jennyfirstname.lastname@example.org||0794 4169 019|
Parents/Carers: If you wish to attend your son/daughters careers interview or just want to chat about their future, please ring school, email or give them a call.
Useful links/websites for Careers research
www.u-explore.com – interactive careers website.
For careers information and advice - www.eclips-online.co.uk
National Careers Service – job profiles and support with CVs - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
Delta Academies Trust Post 16 Partnership – sixth form courses - www.csix.org.uk
National Apprenticeship Service – www.apprenticeships.org.uk
National Citizen Service - a government programme for 16-17 year olds to build confidence and independence - http://www.thencsnetwork.org.uk
Voluntary opportunities - https://do-it.org